Cell2get - Sells Remanufactured and Open Box Phones as New
Afer my experience, I beleive that purchasing a phone from Cell2get.com is a gamble. It took me 78 days to receive the correct model and new phone I purchased.
I purchased a new Samsung Galaxy Nexus Mobile Phone Model SPHL700KIT on 4/12/2013 and paid for FedEx Ground delivery. I received the wrong model phone 10 days later on 4/22/2013. (FedEx Ground shows 2 days from Brooklyn to the Chicago area). The phone was NOT Shipped FedEx Ground as paid for, but standard USPS First Class mail. I contacted Cell2get.com and spoke with Melvin. He said he would get a replacement phone out expedited and shipped to my work address. After numerous calls and emails to Melvin and an additional 23 days later, I received a replacement phone on 5/18/213.
The replacement phone was:
- Not shipped expedited as agreed - It was shipped USPS First Class mail
- Not shipped to the updated work address as agreed
- REMANUFACTURED and NOT NEW as advertised on the Cell2get.com web page subsequent emails and calls to Melvin
The replacement phone's battery cover was used and it did not fit correctly due to broken snaps. After many calls and emails to Melvin at Cell2get.com, I understood from Melvin at Cell2get.com that he believes remanufactured is new.
After Melvin agreed to replace this remanufactured phone with a verified new one, it finally arrived via USPS First class mail an additional 28 days later on 6/29/2013. It was the correct phone and appears to be new but the box and phone were opened. (not sealed).
The replacement phone was not shipped expedited and did not arrive at my work address as agreed. It arrived USPS First class mail shipped inside a USPS Priority Mail padded envelope turned inside out.
-The price dropped $15 to $304.99 and there was no effort by Melvin at Cell2get.com to adjust the price.
-The FedEx shipping $10.32 was not credited
-The return shipping of 2 phones @ $24.84 to Melvin at Cell2get.com (due to Cell2get.com fault) was not credited or adjusted
-Items were never shipped FedEx as paid for
-USPS tracking numbers are generated days before the package is received at the USPS orgin facility
-USPS Priority Mail padded envelopes are turned inside out and used to ship (slower) USPS 1st Class Mail
-Remanufactured phones are being sold as new and Cell2get.com doesn't seem to understand he difference
My opinion based on my experience - look else where to purchase a phone.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Mobile Phones
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I received a $50 Debit card from T-Mobile issued by CitiBank ( a risky and frustrating process alone). At no time was I advised or did I agree to an..."
- "PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR----> DO NOT BUY anything from Buy Squad. Honestly, after researching on this company, I feel so *** to fall for their "low price" ;0( I ordered..."
- "Yelp.com has a Big, Filthy, Disgusting Habit of Using People to write Reviews For Free and Profiting from the Reviews. I can NOT believe that I am actually Writing A Negative..."
- "i had ordered for magnetic iphone cable through facebook ad and got linked to shopify for order. I used my credit card for fulfilling the payment and amount of $14.95..."
- "We canceled our service with WALMART Family Mobile in November 2016 and had the cell number ported to another provider. WALMART has continued to bill us without explanation and is..."
- "I took two hours to calm down before making this complaint so that it would be legitimate and not out of anger but rather concern. I'm a busy person so..."
- "My wife almost got killed when the fifth wheel plate broke off from faulty welding now my lawyer and I can't get ahold of them..."
- "I was discriminated today due to my race and age. Again by Amber at Mayfair Mall location in Wauwatosa, WI after Sue from Corporate assured me that Jessica(store manager) will..."
- "The photos you're looking at are of a dead moth inside a torn ripped stained wedding dress that Colorado Bridal DBA D'Anelli Bridal in Lakewood, Colorado sold me for THOUSANDS..."