Cell2get - Sells Remanufactured and Open Box Phones as New

35 of 62 Cell2get reviews

Afer my experience, I beleive that purchasing a phone from Cell2get.com is a gamble. It took me 78 days to receive the correct model and new phone I purchased.

I purchased a new Samsung Galaxy Nexus Mobile Phone Model SPHL700KIT on 4/12/2013 and paid for FedEx Ground delivery. I received the wrong model phone 10 days later on 4/22/2013. (FedEx Ground shows 2 days from Brooklyn to the Chicago area). The phone was NOT Shipped FedEx Ground as paid for, but standard USPS First Class mail. I contacted Cell2get.com and spoke with Melvin. He said he would get a replacement phone out expedited and shipped to my work address. After numerous calls and emails to Melvin and an additional 23 days later, I received a replacement phone on 5/18/213.

The replacement phone was:

- Not shipped expedited as agreed - It was shipped USPS First Class mail

- Not shipped to the updated work address as agreed

- REMANUFACTURED and NOT NEW as advertised on the Cell2get.com web page subsequent emails and calls to Melvin

The replacement phone's battery cover was used and it did not fit correctly due to broken snaps. After many calls and emails to Melvin at Cell2get.com, I understood from Melvin at Cell2get.com that he believes remanufactured is new.

After Melvin agreed to replace this remanufactured phone with a verified new one, it finally arrived via USPS First class mail an additional 28 days later on 6/29/2013. It was the correct phone and appears to be new but the box and phone were opened. (not sealed).

The replacement phone was not shipped expedited and did not arrive at my work address as agreed. It arrived USPS First class mail shipped inside a USPS Priority Mail padded envelope turned inside out.

-The price dropped $15 to $304.99 and there was no effort by Melvin at Cell2get.com to adjust the price.

-The FedEx shipping $10.32 was not credited

-The return shipping of 2 phones @ $24.84 to Melvin at Cell2get.com (due to Cell2get.com fault) was not credited or adjusted

-Items were never shipped FedEx as paid for

-USPS tracking numbers are generated days before the package is received at the USPS orgin facility

-USPS Priority Mail padded envelopes are turned inside out and used to ship (slower) USPS 1st Class Mail

-Remanufactured phones are being sold as new and Cell2get.com doesn't seem to understand he difference

My opinion based on my experience - look else where to purchase a phone.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
35 of 62 Cell2get reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
dumped on

Jan 10, 2014 #771533

I am still waiting for a phone I ordered on January 4 that I paid two-day FedEx delivery on. I have been given two bogus tracking #s. Finally, one of the tracking #s was supposed to be a USPS #,not a FedEx #. I therefore requested a refund for the shipping charges, which I have yet to receive but was promised. I received an e-mail on January 9 stating that they had contacted USPS and it was guaranteed that I would receive my phone the next day on January 10 by 12 Noon. How can the guaranteed a USPS delivery by a certain time? My mail carrier sometimes doesn't even get here until 5 or 6 PM. These people are from another country and I really don't think they have any idea what they are doing. What a rip-off!!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.