Cell2get - Sells Remanufactured and Open Box Phones as New
Afer my experience, I beleive that purchasing a phone from Cell2get.com is a gamble. It took me 78 days to receive the correct model and new phone I purchased.
I purchased a new Samsung Galaxy Nexus Mobile Phone Model SPHL700KIT on 4/12/2013 and paid for FedEx Ground delivery. I received the wrong model phone 10 days later on 4/22/2013. (FedEx Ground shows 2 days from Brooklyn to the Chicago area). The phone was NOT Shipped FedEx Ground as paid for, but standard USPS First Class mail. I contacted Cell2get.com and spoke with Melvin. He said he would get a replacement phone out expedited and shipped to my work address. After numerous calls and emails to Melvin and an additional 23 days later, I received a replacement phone on 5/18/213.
The replacement phone was:
- Not shipped expedited as agreed - It was shipped USPS First Class mail
- Not shipped to the updated work address as agreed
- REMANUFACTURED and NOT NEW as advertised on the Cell2get.com web page subsequent emails and calls to Melvin
The replacement phone's battery cover was used and it did not fit correctly due to broken snaps. After many calls and emails to Melvin at Cell2get.com, I understood from Melvin at Cell2get.com that he believes remanufactured is new.
After Melvin agreed to replace this remanufactured phone with a verified new one, it finally arrived via USPS First class mail an additional 28 days later on 6/29/2013. It was the correct phone and appears to be new but the box and phone were opened. (not sealed).
The replacement phone was not shipped expedited and did not arrive at my work address as agreed. It arrived USPS First class mail shipped inside a USPS Priority Mail padded envelope turned inside out.
-The price dropped $15 to $304.99 and there was no effort by Melvin at Cell2get.com to adjust the price.
-The FedEx shipping $10.32 was not credited
-The return shipping of 2 phones @ $24.84 to Melvin at Cell2get.com (due to Cell2get.com fault) was not credited or adjusted
-Items were never shipped FedEx as paid for
-USPS tracking numbers are generated days before the package is received at the USPS orgin facility
-USPS Priority Mail padded envelopes are turned inside out and used to ship (slower) USPS 1st Class Mail
-Remanufactured phones are being sold as new and Cell2get.com doesn't seem to understand he difference
My opinion based on my experience - look else where to purchase a phone.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Mobile Phones
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Let start by saying I usually don't take the time to do this kind of thing...but if I can prevent even 1 person from entering into a "contract" with this..."
- "I sit hear and read all these interesting comments and it just baffles me at the way people communicate their feelings. If anyone has ACTUALLY taken the time to..."
- "On Saturday August 3, 2013 the following unauthorized debit transactions appeared on my bank statement $199 07:28 pm AT 19:28 $199 07:34 pm AT 19:24 $199 07:38 pm AT 19:38..."
- "www.jbarrlaw.com - Attorney Joseph Barr, places his client at risk by outright theft of property which he refuses to return and failing to agree to stop distributing private information..."
- "Good afternoon, my name is Oxana Donahoe. I want to share the horrible experience about clinic visit Aspen Dental to the address: 1401 North Veterans Parkway, Bloomington, IL 61704. We..."
- "So my boyfriends grandma likes her little cute snacks such as chocolate covered graham crackers from Starbucks. I figured she had some key lime pie flavored ones, so it's been..."
- "Brand new Avenger leaks every time it rains. I bought it 6 minths ago from McGeorges RV and have had numerous leaks every time it rains. The manufacturer will not..."
- "Order 32 chairs, 12 of them either have scratch or nails through the back to the front. They never sent me any tracking numbers or delivery date even I called..."
- " Attention: CEO: Beryl Raff CFO: Laura Kirsner COO: Joyce Hrinya Regarding Account Number: 480213852429 XX I purchased some jewelry from your company on July 17, 2014, and August 6,..."